Thursday, February 6, 2014

To Do - Day One

Today is a snow day. This means I don't get that time when C is normally in school to relax and work on my list. It means I have to do things that he can help me with, or find something to keep him occupied. With that in mind, here is my To Do list for today:

  • start dishwasher 
  • put chicken in the crock pot
  • clear off the couches and chairs
  • match socks

  • clean off the kitchen table
  • vacuum the living room and kitchen
  • make two phone calls 
  • unload dishwasher

  • find somewhere store the empty fish tank
  • clean the wax off the oven
  • clean off the kitchen counters
  • sew elastic into C's pants

  • bring up 2 loads of firewood 
  • dye M's jacket 
  • clear off the coffee table
  • gather all the seed packages for the garden

As you can see, I have split my tasks into groups of four. This is because I told C that every time we complete a group, we can play Mario Kart for 20 minutes. Since we don't watch much tv or play many video games, and until last week C didn't even know we HAD a wii, this is actually a HUGE deal for him. He is super excited to get started.

Yup. I'm bribing my kid to help me clean. But at least he will be learning that work comes before play. And he will be learning teamwork. And even playing Mario Kart will help him with his motor skills. 

(Get it? Motor skills? Heeheehee... come on, that's funny, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment