Tuesday, February 11, 2014

To Do - Day Six

Originally I was planning to start this post with "well, yesterday was a bust." Then I double checked the list I had made and was pretty shocked to see this:

  • put dishes away
  • keep kitchen table and counters cleared
  • vacuum living room and kitchen
  • clear off couches and chairs
  • bring up firewood
  • take out trash
I honestly didn't feel like I got very much done yesterday. Now I think it must be because I didn't spend the whole day running around completely frazzled about the one hundred million thousand things that "needed" to be done, which normally makes me so anxious and depressed that I never actually end up doing anything.

Instead I just kept up with the things that actually needed to be done.

And it was a nice day. The kids and I relaxed and spent time together, and we had a lot of fun. Most of the daily maintenance tasks were done quickly and easily, because I was still caught up from the day before. 

It definitely makes me think hard about all the things I feel like I should be doing. There just isn't enough time in the day to do every single thing on my Perfect Mom List,  and I'm starting to realize that most of those things really don't need to be on there in the first place. Maybe it would help if I actually wrote that list down...

Okay, okay, enough jibber-jabber! Here is today's list:


  • put dishes away
  • keep kitchen table and counters cleared
  • vacuum living room and kitchen
  • clear off couches and chairs

  • bring up firewood
  • re-pot plant
  • sign M up for school

No comments:

Post a Comment